|Posted on November 16, 2016 at 10:25 PM|
“He who believes he can and he who believes he cannot are both correct.” -Henry Ford
During career transition, we find ourselves tossed into a turbulent season called the "unknown". If you find yourself in this season of life and career, there are a few things you can do to navigate this seasonal storm.
1) Take a few deep cleansing breaths and know, you are not alone and the sky is not falling! God has simply closed one door to open one much greater in the scope of life and career to come. So, Stop, Breathe, Think, then Take Action into your Future knowing you are going to be refined, strengthened and come out on the other side better than you ever were before. Like silver needs to be refined before it will sparkle and shine, we too, must enter the heat of life and career events and be refined to then shine for self and others.
2) Start every morning before you do anything (except possibly that cup of coffee or tea) and go outside, before it gets too hot (so that means early) and simply be "grateful"--this is your time alone to meditate, pray and set your intentions for each day in positive ways. What we intend to do becomes what we pay attention to and achieve. This becomes our daily "mindfulness" practice. Discipline yourself to do this every morning and you will see a positive difference take place in your life very quickly.
3) Begin a weekly critical reflective journal. Critically reflecting each week upon what went well this week and why? What did you do that made you feel this week went well? Then write it down. Followed by What didn't go so well this week and why? What did you do that made you feel it did not go as well as you would have liked? Then write it down. Lastly, If you could hit the "redo button" and have a "do over" What could you have done differently to have achieved a different and positive outcome? Then write it down. This should only take 15 minutes maximum. Discipline yourself to do this, you will see trends of strengths and personal achievements as well as overcoming obstacles with every week you focus, critically reflect and commit to doing this.
4) Now Connect, Converse and Create. Connecting with others is a critical skill necessary to communicate well. Strenthening your emotional intelligence* can help you connect and move forward. Conversing with others is your ability to hold a meaningful 2-way conversation with someone. Creating an environment where there is rapport and trust and a fluid exchange of dialogue getting to the purpose of any interaction.
5) Begin the journey, engage a coach and get started entering your new fibrant and exciting season in life and career.
*Learn how to strengthen your emotional intelligence by contacting, Coach Jane today for more information, programs and pricing designed to positively help you strengthen your EQi and transform your life and/or career and achieve your dreams!
Since the early 1990s Coach Jane has been intrigued and passionate about learning deeply about emotional intelligence and the amazing value it brings to all of us in our day-to-day lives. So, interested that her doctoral dissertation is focused on building measureable techniques that can strengthen specific EQi competencies and overall EQi score as well. She has incorporated these 15 techniques into her coaching methodolgy and most recently is offering aspiring coaches that are just as passionate about helping others through coaching become Certified in her EQi Coaching Method. If you are interested in learning more about how to become Certified in the next generation of EQi Coaching Methodology, contact Coach Jane today!