|Posted on May 20, 2015 at 5:45 PM|
I came across this research and thought you would be intersted in reading these stats on the degrees of difficulty it is upon leaders in transition.
Leaders in Transition Research
According to DDI World, Inc. in our analysis of leaders’ navigating the unknown, we compared different types of transitions based on degree of complexity. The bracketed results (below) indicates how much more difficult the transition is for leaders when likened to a lateral move.
• Relocating across countries [42 percent more]
• Relocating within country [18 percent more]
• Moving up one level [7 percent more]
• Moving to a new company [6 percent more]
• Moving business units [4 percent more].